Please look over the directions, complete the form with the correct information, and return it to the Consular Office with the required attachments.
Please note that our Consular Office is in a separate location from the Embassy.
Public Hours from 9:00am - 1:00pm
The Consular Office address is below:
The Embassy of Afghanistan - Consular Office
2233 Wisconsin Ave., NW
Washington, DC 20007
Tel: 202-298-9125 ext. 8037 or 8040
1. One visa application form.
2. One passport photo (attached to application form).
3.Your passport, valid for at least 6 months.
4. If you are a U.S. alien resident, provide a copy of your Green Card.
- Additional for non-US citizens:
- Copy of original passport
- Copy of original or valid alien registration card or valid US resident Visa.
5. A letter of introduction from your employer or sponsor stating the purpose and duration of your trip, sponsorship information and financial guarantee for expenses that will be incurred in Afghanistan.
- In individual cases, you may be required to provide additional documents.
- It is important to completely fill out all of the required forms and submit all required documents. Doing so will minimize the processing the time and will prevent further delay.
- We generally do not provide multiple entry visas.
Visa Processing Fee
Fees must be paid in US dollars with either a money order or cashier's check made payable to the Embassy of Afghanistan.
Effective January 1, 2013, holders of U.S. Ordinary Passports applying for a visa to Afghanistan will only be eligible for a single-entry 3 month visa for the standard fee of $160.00.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you are sending your application requirements by mail or courier service, please include a prepaid, self-addressed return envelope. We suggest you use USPS (United States Postal Service) or Federal Express (FEDEX) to ensure the safety of your passport.
Please Download the application form:
Information for Afghans
Afghans born in Afghanistan, holding passports other than an Afghan passport, need not apply for a visa. An entry permit may be obtained from the Consular Office. The entry permit can be downloaded from this web site under Entry Permit
Although the information on this website has been prepared with utmost care, regulations and requirements are subject to change.
Passport photos must conform to standard requirements:
• In color
• Printed on matte or glossy photo quality paper
• 2 x 2 inches (51 x 51 mm) in size
• Sized such that the head is between 1 inch and 1 3/8 inches (between 25 and 35 mm) from the bottom of the chin to the top of the head.
• Taken within the last 6 months to reflect your current appearance
• Taken in front of a plain white or off-white background
• Taken in full-face view directly facing the camera
• With a neutral facial expression and both eyes open