Please look over the directions, complete the form with the correct information, and return it to the Consular Office with the required attachments.
Please note that our Consular Office has moved to a new location and is in a separate location from the Embassy.
Public Hours from 9:00am - 1:00pm
The new address is:
The Embassy of Afghanistan - Consular Office
2233 Wisconsin Ave., NW
Washington, DC 20007
1. One visa application form.
2. One passport-sized photo (attached to application form).
3.Your passport, valid for at least 6 months.
4. If you are a U.S. alien resident, provide a copy of your Green Card.
- Additional for non-US citizens:
- Copy of original passport
- Copy of original or valid alien registration card or valid US resident Visa.
5. A letter of introduction from your employer or sponsor stating the purpose and duration of your trip, sponsorship information and financial guarantee for expenses that will be incurred in Afghanistan.
- In individual cases, you may be required to provide additional documents.
- It is important to completely fill out all of the required forms and submit all required documents. Doing so will minimize the processing the time and will prevent further delay.
- We generally do not provide multiple entry visas.
Visa Processing Fee
Fees must be paid in US dollars with either a money order or cashier's check made payable to the Embassy of Afghanistan.
Effective January 1, 2013, holders of U.S. Ordinary Passports applying for a visa to Afghanistan will only be eligible for a single-entry 3 month visa for the standard fee of $160.00.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you are sending your application requirements by mail or courier service, please include a prepaid, self-addressed return envelope. We suggest you use USPS (United States Postal Service) Express Mail (FEDEX) to ensure the safety of your passport and highly prefer that you do NOT use DHL as their logistical procedures do not compliment our processes.
Please Download the application form:
Information for Afghans
Afghans born in Afghanistan, holding passports other than an Afghan passport, need not apply for a visa. An entry permit may be obtained from the Consular Office. The entry permit can be downloaded from this web site under Entry Permit
Although the information on this website has been prepared with utmost care. However, regulations and requirements are subject to change.