Welcome to Birth Certificate page. Please look over the directions, complete the form with the correct information, and return it to the Consular Office with the required attachments.
Please note that our Consular Office has moved to a new location and is in a separate location from the Embassy.
Public Hours from 9:00am - 1:00pm
The new address is:
The Embassy of Afghanistan - Consular Office
2233 Wisconsin Ave., NW
Washington, DC 20007
- Click below to download the Birth Certificate Form.
- Please note that it does require the Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Once downloaded, select File > Print.
- Choose your Printer under "Printer Name"
- The Marriage Certificate Form is 8.5 x 11 so be sure to use "letter-sized" paper.
- The applicant should provide 2 notarized affidavits
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you are applying by mail, please include a prepaid, self-addressed return envelope. Please use Certified or Registered U.S. mail, or a Federal Express or UPS shipping envelope. Return envelope should be trackable.
You will also need to include a financial guarantee birth certificate application fee. (Fees must be paid with either a money order or cashier's check made payable to the Embassy of Afghanistan)
- Birth Certificate processing fee: $50.00
Birth Certificate application form: form_bc.pdf Dari