Welcome to Birth Certificate page. Please look over the directions, complete the form with the correct information, and return it to the Consular Office with the required attachments.
Public Hours from 9:00am - 1:00pm
The Embassy will be closed on Thursday & Friday (25th and 26th December 2014) due to a Federal Holiday. The Embassy will resume normal business hours on Monday, December 29th 2014 between 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.
The Consular Office address is below:
The Embassy of Afghanistan - Consular Office
2233 Wisconsin Ave., NW
Washington, DC 20007
- A copy of the applicant's Afghan Passport or U.S. Passport/Green Card;
- Notarized Affidavits from two Afghan Nationals to verify the identity, date of birth, place of birth, and names of the father and mother of the applicant;
- Copies of Afghan Passports or U.S Passport/Green Cards of the Affiants;
- Note: a notarized Affidavit is not required if the Affiants are able to attend the Consulate and sign the paperwork in person.
- Click below to download the Birth Certificate Form.
- Please note that it does require the Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Once downloaded, select File > Print.
- Choose your Printer under "Printer Name"
- The Birth Certificate Form is 8.5 x 11 so be sure to use "letter-sized" paper.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you are applying by mail, please include a prepaid, self-addressed return envelope. Please use Certified or Registered U.S. mail, or a Federal Express or UPS shipping envelope. Return envelope should be trackable.
You will also need to include a financial guarantee birth certificate application fee. (Fees must be paid with either a money order or cashier's check made payable to the Embassy of Afghanistan)
- Birth Certificate processing fee: $50.00
Birth Certificate application form: form_bc.pdf Dari